The BA of Information Systems prepares experts who are well acquainted with all aspects of the development and maintenance of information systems. The curriculum is developed in accordance with the latest world requirements. It provides the students with a thorough preparation, both in the different areas of the technologies comprising the core of the information systems and in the business development funds.
The curriculum includes courses related to the main areas of technology: Design and Management of Data; System Infrastructure and Integration; Application Development; Architecture and Design of Internet Systems, and also related to business fundamentals: Business Models, Core Business Areas, Business Performance Assessment.
Classical mathematical training includes disciplines geared to the needs of Information Systems specialists. There are also a variety of elective courses, different practices and opportunities for internships in software companies.
Information Systems experts:
- acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills for developing and maintaining information systems;
- have fundamental knowledge about computers of the latest generations, communications and software;
- are familiar with the overall activities of organizations and their individual functions - accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, labor assessment, logistics, and can apply concepts and methods to reach the goals of IT organizations;
- acquire fundamental knowledge in the design, development, implementation of information systems, system infrastructures and their integration;
- can develop information systems independently and in a team, implement client-server applications, Web applications, distributed systems, specify, analyze, design and develop databases;
- have a good command of alternative language and alternative programming environment;
- able to think analytically and critically, to work in a team and effectively demonstrate ethics and professionalism;
- communicate well with business professionals.
Bachelors of Information Systems can apply their knowledge and skills as specialists in:
- design, development and implementation of information systems,
- maintenance of the software of built-in systems and as database administrators,
- developing state-of-the-art database management systems, data stores, decision-making systems, e-commerce,
- marketing and management of software and information products.
Information System specialists are among the highest-paid specialists in the world and their demand in the specialists market is traditionally high.