In a knowledge-based society, knowledge and innovation are becoming a key factor for the competitiveness and growth of organizations. Their effective use requires interdisciplinary knowledge and skills, both in the field of information and communication technology (ICT) and in the field of innovation, strategic planning and analysis of the organization's internal and external environment.
This Master's programme training is conducted in order to provide broad-based and interdisciplinary training for specialists who have completed a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in related specialties and fields. The training extends students' knowledge in the field of designing knowledge management systems, developing and implementing strategic solutions for the effective use of knowledge and turning them into innovation, introducing new high-tech ICT products and solutions to organizational needs. The programme has achieved the balance of the courses required for the future specialists who develop both the strategic and creative thinking and behavior of the students as well as their analytical capabilities and the skills for applying modern ICT in the organizational environment. Compulsory disciplines include core themes of the strategic application of ICT in the knowledge organization, while elective disciplines offer additional field knowledge and technological skills necessary for students who have completed courses outside of FMI's Informatics and Computer Sciences.
The aim of the Master's programme is to prepare specialists with interdisciplinary skills and abilities. The programme aims at students’ completing the full-time course to acquire the necessary knowledge for:
- Issues, prospects and priorities for the development of knowledge-based organizations;
- Methods and means of acquiring, organizing, storing and transferring knowledge, as well as their effective use in the organization;
- Development of software and communication systems and web applications, as well as complete business intelligence and knowledge management systems;
- The processes of designing and implementing strategies and technological solutions to increase the efficiency of knowledge processes.
Successful full-time students will be able to:
- to develop and implement effective technological solutions to support the organization's knowledge processes;
- effectively manage the design and implementation of software systems as well as specific web and communications applications;
- effectively use the knowledge in the organization and realize the competitive opportunities associated with them;
- to formulate concepts and develop cutting-edge new products and services to achieve competitive position and market success;
- to manage more efficiently and efficiently the team work and activities of the ICT organization.
Students who have successfully completed the full course of study will be able to:
- analyze and assess the characteristics of the international and domestic environment related to market requirements, development opportunities and rapid growth and global competition;
- formulate, offer, analyze and evaluate technology solutions for exploitation and application in practice;
- manage the processes of development, testing and implementation of information and communication technologies;
- program and evaluate objectively and accurately the opportunities for developing projects for the deployment of new products and services;
- manage knowledge, innovation and technology transfer processes;
- organize the work and the operational work of the knowledge organization related to the integration of ICT in business processes;
- presenting innovative solutions and communicating successfully with representatives of financial institutions, media, business partners and clients.
As additional professional skills and competencies of the students who have successfully completed the full training course, the following are envisaged:
- to manage change, to efficiently transform ideas, concepts and business models into action / creativity and purposefulness /;
- to successfully manage the activity and to work in a team on the basis of consensus, cooperativity and developed conceptual abilities / teamwork;
- to make quick decisions in terms of uncertainty and time and resource deficiency / operability /;
- to make new, original and creative solutions throughout the whole cycle of designing, producing and implementing new products and services (creative thinking and creativity);
- effectively communicate ideas, views and concepts (written and verbal) and motivate collectives, organizations and public opinion to support the chosen behavioral / communicative strategy.
Students who graduate from the program will be able to work in high-tech organizations such as managers, analysts, development engineers, experts, consultants and other professionals who require in-depth analytical knowledge and skills in ICT management in organization, its business processes and asset knowledge. They will have the necessary competences to develop and deploy ICT applications, prepare and manage ICT projects, guide knowledge and innovation processes, develop competitive strategies and innovative solutions.
Students will acquire a good basis for research and PhD studies in the field of Information and Communication Technologies, as well as for teaching activities in interdisciplinary scientific fields.