The Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” maintains a long tradition in establishing of close cooperation with leading companies in the IT industry and the telecom sector in Bulgaria.
We have formed partnerships with over 70 companies in Bulgaria: SAP Laps Bulgaria, Uber Bulgaria, VMware Bulgaria, Nemetschek Bulgaria, А1 Bulgaria, Musala Soft, EPAM Bulgaria and many more. The full list can be seen here.
Our cooperation with companies falls into three categories:
- supporting teaching process and research activities;
- participation in important FMI’s events (such as the Opening of the Academic year, Career Development Forum, attestation, hackathons, etc.);
- contribution to the technical base of the faculty.
During the last 5 years, several companies have made donations to improve facilities at FMI – at halls 03, 200, 305, 306 "Aristotle", 313, 314, 320, 321, the space behind hall 200, as well as the room of the Faculty Students’ Council (FSC) are renovated with funds by our partners. Unistroy conducted high quality waterproofing of the external walls of the faculty building.
The space behind hall 200
Technical equipment has been donated also, such as:
- computer configurations, monitors, and laptops (DXC, EPAM, Experian, MentorMate, SAP Labs Bulgaria, Technopolis/Praktiker);
- wireless internet network (VMware Bulgaria);
- Wi-Fi equipment and lighting (SAP Labs Bulgaria);
- two short focus beamers (Hitachi Solutions);
- study boards, desks and chairs (Chaos Software, Mention, MentorMate, SAP Labs Bulgaria);
- digital copier (Prof. John Atanassov Foundation);
- lighting fixtures in the park in front of FMI (Musala Soft, SAP Labs Bulgaria).
Since 2022, EPAM Bulgaria is the main partner of the newly established Bachelor's program at the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics at Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski”, namely the specialty "Data Analysis". EPAM's support to the Faculty is expressed in several main directions. These are mentoring and training future staff, providing material support and scholarships, as well as cooperation with educators to build a better environment for innovation. More information about the partnership can be found here.
An animated presentation of the donations to FMI for the last five years can be seen here.